Thursday, June 3, 2010

One Foot in the Cathedral

Fuck it! I said to
myself. He was mine
once, I have every
right to go to his
house! Even if he’s moved
on! Even if his new wife and children are
there! Even if they’re having lunch at the
table! Even if they’re talking about
me! We certainly never had lunch
together! Certainly not at the table,
anyway! We just kind of did our own thing for
lunch! I need to see this new-family-lunch-spectacle for
myself! Just so I know I made the right decision to move
out! Even though I know I made the right decision to move
out! Without a
doubt! I just want to see what all this new-family-lunch-shit is all
about!

So I bee-lined for the front
door, I’d catch him out with his new
whore! His four-score and twenty mongrel
children! I swore I’d tell them all what I
thought! I’d put an end to the
evil!

And setting one foot inside the Cathedral

getting ready to
roar

I heard the hush of solemn
prayer, I felt the calm and
saw the amber of his angel
chorus, the aura of all who were
there.

(And so I tip-toed out the
door and hurried down the
stair.)

No comments: